The City of Jackson is making landlords aware of changes coming to the way rental properties are registered and inspected. Starting July 1, 2022, the City of Jackson Community Development Department is moving to a three year cycle for conducting Non-Owner Occupied Residential Property (NOORP) housing inspections.
Here's a breakdown of what the City Council-approved changes mean for rental property owners:
- The NOORP registration form has been condensed to confirm current ownership, property manager, and/or responsible local agent information.
- Your non-owner occupied residential property will only need to be registered every three (3) years rather than two (2).
- The Certificate of Compliance associated with the next inspection cycle for your non-owner occupied residential property will remain in effect for three (3) years after the initial inspection date rather than two.
- The City of Jackson is returning to a set fee structure rather than charging an hourly rate, allowing you to better budget for this cost of doing business.
- Inspection payments will be pre-pay and can be made: