Boo! Here's some information for residents who are planning some Halloween fun. Those wanting to participate in trick-or-treating are encouraged to go door-to-door between the hours of 6 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 31. Residents handing out treats are also encouraged to observe these hours. The Jackson City Council approved recommended trick-or-treating hours in the City of Jackson at their Oct. 12 meeting.
Here are some tips to celebrate safely:
- Accompany young children and use sidewalks rather than walking in the street.
- Drive cautiously during Halloween, as children will be out walking Jackson neighborhoods.
- Carry flashlights or wear reflective clothing so drivers can see you when trick-or-treating.
- Go only to homes where there are outside lights on as a sign of welcome. Refrain from entering homes or apartments of people you do not know.
- If you wish to hand out treats, turn your porch light on as a sign of welcome.
- Warn children not to eat any treats before an adult has carefully examined them for safety.
- Consider COVID-19 safety precautions when having close interact with people outside your home.
The City of Jackson wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween!