American Rescue Plan Funds
About American Rescue Plan Funds in Jackson
In July 2021, the City of Jackson was granted $31,444,000 in American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds to use through 2024. These funds are available from the federal government to communities across the country to assist in recovery efforts from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. $31 million was given to the City of Jackson based on our population size and other factors.
Where is the Money Going?
City administration is proposing using the funds to improve public services and infrastructure, along with making up for financial losses from the pandemic, and investing in the betterment of the Jackson community. Priorities include:
- Water infrastructure: Lead service line replacements, water main replacement, plant improvements, water access.
- Wastewater infrastructure: Plant upgrades, sewer repairs.
- Operations/budget stabilization: Income tax revenue replacement, hazard pay, motor pool investments.
- Public improvements: Parks, trails, community kitchen, tree trimming.
- Community promotion: Economic stabilization and support for Jackson residents.
Tracking ARP Spending