Tenant Complaints

Filing a Complaint

Tenants may file a complaint through the Community Development Department. The property owner will then be given a copy of the complaint along with 30 days to complete the necessary repairs unless conditions are determined to pose an imminent threat to the health, safety, and welfare of the tenant(s).

Hazardous Living Conditions

If any property is found not to have all utilities such as gas, water, or electric in working order or exhibits other conditions which may endanger the health, safety and welfare of the occupant, it will be declared unfit for human habitation and the tenant will be ordered to vacate the property until the hazardous condition(s) are eliminated.

Violation Penalties

If all violations are not completed within the time allotted, the entire property becomes subject to full inspection under Chapter 14 of the Code of Ordinances.