Oversized Vehicle Permit


Vehicles exceeding 1 or more of the following are required to obtain a permit:
  1. Maximum height of 13 feet and 6 inches
  2. Single vehicle length of 40 feet
  3. Width of 8 feet

Traveling on Local Streets

For travel on local streets, a permit must be obtained from City of Jackson Engineering by contacting them at 517-788-4160, or by clicking here. Oversized Vehicle Permit.

Traveling on Trunklines

For travel on State of Michigan trunklines within the city, a permit must be obtained from the MDOT by calling the Transportation Service Center at 517-780-7540. For more information, view the Maximum Legal Truck Loadings and Dimensions document on the Michigan website.