Block Parties

Regulations & Rules
Any individual or group who wishes to have a party for their block must first seek authorization from the Engineering Division. Please read the following regulations and rules:
  • Applications must be received no less than 2 weeks prior to the event
  • Everyone living on the block must be invited
  • The applicant must be 18 years old or older and be willing to be present and responsible for the party
  • All city ordinances and laws must be observed during the party
  • For safety reasons, the street can only be closed until dusk
  • Closing the street for the party must not interfere with access to local businesses
Barricades to set up the street closing are available at the Department of Public Works Sign Shop. The organizer must pick up and return the barricades at:
Public Works Sign Shop
521 Water St.
Jackson, MI 49201

The Block Party Request Form (PDF) is available online or by calling the Engineering Division at 517-788-4160 for a fax copy to be sent, or by visiting the Engineering Division at:
161 W. Michigan Ave.
4th Floor
Jackson, MI 49201

Requirement Information
We require submission of the following information:
  • The date of the party
  • Rain date if applicable
  • The time for the party
  • The street names to be blocked
  • The street names at each end of the block