The City Attorney's Office is a full service law office, delivering a complete range of legal services to the City's elected and appointed officials and department heads. The City's legal department consists of the City Attorney, a Senior Assistant City Attorney, an Assistant City Attorney, a Staff Attorney, and two legal support professionals.
The department's usual duties include:
- Defending the City and its officials against lawsuits;
- Reviewing all City resolutions, ordinances, contracts, and real estate documents;
- Prosecuting approximately 2,000 District Court cases annually;
- Defending the City in property tax cases;
- Collecting delinquent accounts receivable;
- Reviewing insurance claims;
- Administering the insurance programs of the City; and
- Responding to Freedom of Information Act Requests;
If you have any questions regarding the responsibilities of the department, you can always contact us.