Affordable Housing Development Board
About the Affordable Housing Development Board
The Affordable Housing Development Board (AHDB) was founded by the Jackson City Council in Nov. 2021 to oversee affordable housing programs in the City of Jackson. These programs are powered by $3.5 million from the City's American Rescue Plan funds. The funds are held in an Affordable Housing Fund, which is managed by the board.
The AHDB is tasked with:
- Administering the City's Affordable Housing Fund.
- Preserving and developing affordable housing.
- Making recommendations to City officials on initiatives that create safe, dignified and affordable housing options in the City of Jackson.
According to the City Charter, the housing fund may be used by the board to do the following:
- Fund new residential housing developments for residents with a low-to-moderate income.
- Increase accessibility to safe, dignified and affordable housing for those facing high housing costs.
- Prioritize permanent housing affordability and sustainability within the City.
- Prioritize the preservation of existing affordable housing units.
The Affordable Housing Development Board meets the first Tuesday of every month unless noted. Meetings begin at 2 p.m. and are conducted in the 2nd Floor City Council Chamber of Jackson City Hall, 161 W. Michigan Ave. The following is a list of meeting dates.
- Jan. 3
- Feb. 7
- March 7
- April 10 (please note schedule change from the previous April 4 meeting date)
- May 2 (this meeting will be held on the 10th floor, City Hall)
- June 6
- July 11*
- Aug. 8* (this meeting will be held on the 10th floor, City Hall)
- Sept. 5 (CANCELLED)
- Oct. 3
- Nov. 7 (this meeting will be held on the 10th floor, City Hall)
- Dec. 5
Jackson County residents may apply to serve on the Affordable Housing Development Board. Following the submission of a completed application, potential members are recommended by the Mayor, and then confirmed by the City Council for set terms. A digital board/commission application is available on this page.