Keep up to date with the Jackson Police Department by following our news room. On a daily basis, the department will be posting activity reports and alerts that will keep residents informed as to what is happening in their community.
|Receive community information instantly! Sign up at Nixle.com today! It's quick, easy and secure.|
Activity for October 21, 2013
Activity for October 21, 2013
- Officers Brant & Elston arrested a male subject for violating a personal protection order in the 400 block of Blair Park Dr.
- Officer Albrecht invested a breaking and entering of a garage in the 700 block of E. Argyle St. It appears to be linked to other break-ins in which a suspect was arrested earlier in the morning.
- Officer Black responded to Calhoun County Jail and picked up a male subject with a felony warrant for Home Invasion.
October 18, 2013
- Reports of a shooting in the area of Milwaukee & Ridgeway at approximately 10:43 a.m. Witnesses reported that a black male fired at least three rounds from a handgun in the area. A vehicle believed to be involved was located unoccupied in the area. There were no victims identified.
- Upon investigating the above, contact was made with a subject in the area. This contact led to the arrest of a 20 year old man for Possess of Crack Cocaine and Marijuana.
Beginning September 23, 2013, the Jackson Police Department’s Records Bureau will be open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. All services previously rendered through the Records Bureau will continue to be available to the public during the new operating hours.Activity for August 20, 2013
Officers were dispatched to 91 calls for service, conducted 16 traffic stops, and made 5 arrests.
Officers took a report of a traffic crash in the 500 block of N. Elm. The driver blacked out and struck a tree. The driver was treated and released at a local hospital and arrested for OUID.
Officers were sent to the 1000 block of Woodbridge for a B&E. The complainant was working on the home and saw a subject jump out of the residence's window and flee from the area. The house...
Activity for August 19, 2013
Activity for June 28, 2013
- Officer Edmondson arrested a male subject for parole violation after being involved in a domestic dispute.
- B&E in the 100 block of Bates St. Officer LaPorte handled the investigation.
- Officer Edmondson took the report of a stolen 2006 Mercury Milan, black in color. Vehicle was stolen from the 800 block of Greenwood Ave.
- Officer Edmondson arrested a male subject on a felony probation violation warrant.
- Officer LaPorte investigated...
Activity for Thursday, June 27, 2013
- Officer Grant investigated a residential break-in in the 100 block of Moore St. Electronics were stolen from the residence.
- Sergeant Jenks attended and participated in the Safety Expo and Consumer's Energy.
- Officer Noppe investigated a PPO violation. Jackson Sheriff Deputies assisted with locating the suspect in Munith and arrested him.
- A male subject was arrested by Officer Noppe in the 600 block of Marshall St. on a probation...
Activity for June 4, 2013
- Larceny from an unlocked automobile in the 300 block of S. Bowen St.
- 2000 Dodge Durango, blue in color was reported stolen from the 500 block of Hallett St.
- Officer Noppe attempted to stop a vehicle in the area of Price St. & Cooper St. while responding to a possible B&E in the 100 block of Price St. The vehicle did not stop and after a short vehicle pursuit, the driver stopped and abandoned the vehicle in the Blair Park Housing Complex. A...
Activity for June 3, 2013
- B&E of garage in the 700 block of N. State St.
- B&E of shed in the 900 block of Bush St.
- Officer Noppe investigated a B&E of the B&S Corner Store on E. Ganson St.
- Officer Kingston attended a presentation at Paragon Charter Academy.
- Officer Black met Canton PD and took custody of a subject with warrants out of the Jackson Police Department.
- Personal injury accident at the intersection of W. Michigan Ave. and West Ave. A moped was...
Activity for May 31, 2013
-Officers assisted at the scene of the fire at the old Consumers Energy Building downtown.
-Officer Noppe initiated an investigation into fraudulent checks being cashed at two local party stores.
-Officer Edmondson arrested a subject for a parole violation and he was lodged at the County Jail.
-Officer Scarpino investigated B&E in the 400 block of E. Prospect St. Cash was stolen from the business.
-Officer Belen investigated B&E of a garage in...
Activity for April 11, 2013
- Officer Peters and Klimmer handled a report of a missing 10 year old that didn't return from school. Officers located the child and determined he was fine and simply chose not to go home.
- Officers responded to two seperate calls of shots fired in 300 block of Homecrest and 700 block of Third. No evidence located to substantiate the calls.
- Officer Goings arrested a subject in the parking lot of Burger King for OWI High BAC, BAC .23 %.
Officers made 5 arrests, conducted 19 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 55 calls for service.
Officer Albrecht investigated a larceny report at Knibloe's Hardware in the 1600 block of E. Michigan Ave.
Officer Edmondson arrested a subject for violating parole.
Officer Tinklepaugh made a traffic stop and arrested the passenger on an outstanding Friend of the Court warrant. The driver attempted to disguise their identity, but was ultimately identified and arrested, as well....
Officers made 6 arrests, conducted 19 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 63 calls for service.
Officer Kingston was sent to the Citgo on Lansing Ave. for an assault report. One subject pushed another and then left the area.
Officers were sent to Blair Park for a shooting. No one was injured, however four subjects were inside the residence when a subject fired several rounds into the home. The shooting is believed to be linked to an earlier altercation between the suspect...
Officers made 3 arrests, conducted 15 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 55 calls for service.
Officer Brant was sent to the 500 block of S. Blackstone after receiving information regarding a subject with an outstanding. The subject was located and arrested on the Friend of the Court warrant.
Officer Brant conducted a walkthrough at the Middle School at Parkside and ultimately investigated an incident of a student with a knife on the premises.
Officer Grant investigated a...
Friday, February 22, 2013:
Officers made 5 arrests, conducted 26 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 57 calls for service.
Officer LaPorte took a B&E report in the 600 block of E. Ganson.
Officers were sent to a residence in the 800 block of Bush St. for a domestic situation with a gun. Upon officers’ arrival, they learned this was false information. The suspect in the false report was located a short distance away and arrested for violating conditional bond and filing a...
Officers made 6 arrests, conducted 21 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 58 calls for service.
Officer Kingston investigated a stolen vehicle report in the 600 block of Oakhill. The victim had left her vehicle running to warm up before going to work. While on patrol, Officer Black located the vehicle near Blackstone/Wilkins and returned it to its rightful owner.
Officers Black and Smith were sent to the 400 block of Third St. for an armed robbery. The suspect called for a...
Officers made 8 arrests, conducted 27 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 62 calls for service.
Officer Noppe was part of a social media presentation at Northeast School.
Officer Noppe made a traffic stop and ultimately arrested a subject for absconding parole.
Officer Postma arrested a subject for violating a Personal Protection Order.
Officer Postma was sent to the 300 block of W. Ganson for a vehicle theft. The two suspects stole the vehicle in response to money owed...
Friday, February 15, 2013:
Officers made 7 arrests, conducted 38 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 52 calls for service.
Officer Smith investigated a crash at Greenwood/High and cited one driver for leaving the scene of an accident, driving on a suspended license, and failure to stop at a red light.
Officer Brant visited Sharp Park, Queens, and Parkside schools, as well as conducted foot patrol at the YMCA.
Officer Smith took a B&E report at a residence in the 200 block...
Detectives Stiles and Garcia observed a stolen vehicle traveling in the area of Barberry and Moorman Drive. The 21-year old driver was arrested for receiving and concealing stolen property and a 16-year old passenger was arrested for a probation violation.
Officer LaPorte arrested a 41-year old man in the 400 block of E. Ganson St. for a PPO violation.
Officer Morgan arrested a 43-year old female on an outstanding warrant.
Officers made 4 arrests, conducted 26 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 57 calls for service.
Officer Renteria arrested a subject for violation parole and an outstanding warrant.
Officer Albrecht witnessed a vehicle hit a parked car on N. Elm St. The driver was ultimately arrested.
Officers responded to the 700 block of Kennedy St. for an attempted vehicle theft. The two white male suspects fled the area prior to officers' arrival.
Officer Beard arrested a subject for...
Officers made 8 arrests, conducted 15 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 70 calls for service.
Officer Smith was sent to Citizens Bank at One Jackson Square for a check fraud investigation. The victim's purse was stolen the night before. A subject attempted to cash one of the victim's stolen checks, however the subject had fled prior to police arrival.
Officer Ganzhorn made a traffic stop near Michigan/Gilbert and arrested the driver for OWI.
Officers Mills and Postma...
Friday, February 8, 2013:
Officers made 7 arrests, conducted 42 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 69 calls for service.
Officer LaPorte took two check fraud cases at the Home Town Convenience store. A possible suspect was identified.
Officers were sent to the 800 block of S. Milwaukee for a possible B&E in progress. A witness saw a juvenile attempt to enter the residence. The investigation revealed the juvenile’s mother lives at the residence, however was not at home. ...
- Officer Christensen stopped a vehicle in the 1000 block of Adrian St. The driver had two warrants out of JPD and was lodged at the County Jail.
- 2001 Buick LaSabre was stolen from the 600 block of McBride St. The victim left his vehicle running on the street and after a short time came back and the vehicle was gone.
- Officer Mills stopped a vehicle for speeding in the 1500 block of Lansing Ave. It was determined the driver did not have a license and was illegally in...
Officers made 7 arrests, conducted 23 traffic stops, and were dispatched to 62 calls for service.
Officer Albrecht was sent to the 900 block of Francis for a larceny. The victim came home and found several electronics items taken from the home. Three suspects were identified, located, and arrested. One of the stolen items was recovered.
Officer Edmondson arrested a subject on a warrant from Ohio.
Sergeant Williams located a vehicle in the 1900 block of Deyo St. that had...