Vendor Registration Information
Before the Purchasing Department can procure any product or service from a vendor, that vendor must be registered with the City of Jackson. The following forms provide all the information and documentation necessary to provide products and services as a registered vendor of the city:
- Prequalification Application (PDF) - For projects over $100,000; prequalification may be required
- Vendor’s Manual (PDF) - Overview of the department’s purchasing policies and procedures
- Vendor Registration Form (PDF) - For inclusion on the Purchasing Department’s vendor list
- Commodity Codes (PDF) - Used in conjunction with the Vendor Registration Form
- Current Insurance Requirements (PDF) - Required for any job being performed in the City of Jackson
- Vendor Qualification Form (PDF) - Required by the Department of Community Development for lead hazard control and housing rehabilitation
The City of Jackson has partnered with BidNet as part of the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network (MITN) as a tool to communicate to vendors what the City is searching for in regard to a specific bid or proposal opportunities to this site. As a vendor, you can register with the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network (MITN) and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities. By selecting automatic bid notification, your company will receive emails once City of Jackson has a bid opportunity that matches your company's business. In addition, the site handles bid opportunities, RFPs, and RFQs for other member governmental agencies throughout Michigan. These documents are also posted on the City of Jackson’s website.
City of Jackson looks forward to providing you with more bid information and simplifying the entire bid, proposal, and quote processes for everyone involved. We appreciate your cooperation and welcome your participation. If you need help registering, please call the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network support department toll free 1-800-835-4603.
Link for vendor registration screen for City of Jackson: Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network
161 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201
Shelly Allard graduated from Jackson Community College with an Associate’s Degree in April 1986. Shelly began working at the City of Jackson in the Purchasing Department as a Purchasing Technician in 1986 and became Purchasing Coordinator after.